I’d love to hear what your main takeaways are from this article. Was there anything that surprised you or anything that I missed? Please share it with me on Twitter or tag me on Instagram. Thanks for reading!
Join the 6,584 on the LittleMight list for the tools, recources and lessons to help you bring your ideas to life and make an impact in the world.Close Window
January 6, 2022
A quickstart to Crypto Taxes 101. Crypto taxes can be a tricky thing to navigate, and it's even more difficult if you're just getting started. In this video I'm going to go over the basics of crypto tax law, and how it applies to harvesting losses, profits and gains on your crypto investments.
Taxable events include:
• Trading crypto to fiat currency like the US dollar
• Trading one crypto for another cryptocurrency
• Spending crypto to purchase goods or services
• Earning crypto as income (staking, lending interest, referral awards)
Non-tax event actions include:
• Buy and HODL
• Self wallet transfers, i.e. transferring from one wallet you own to another wallet you own
My hardware wallet of choice is Ledger: http://lttlmg.ht/ledger
My course Zero to DeFi: zerotodefi.com
🐦 Twitter http://twitter.com/cathrynlavery
Want to keep reading? There's more where that came from, here's some more articles you might like: