Every year for the past 4 years I've done an annual review where I reflect on my year.
In business it's typical to do an end of year review, or an annual shareholders meeting where you reflect on your year to assess where you’re at.
The only way to improve is to know past behavior, record what happened and know your next steps.
I believe we should have a structure to do this for our personal lives... so I'm sharing my personal system today:
My first video I'm sharing my annual review system which is the questions I ask at the end of every year to figure out:
- What went well
- What sucked
- Relationships (who have I been spending time with?)
- Experiences (is my bucket list getting smaller)
Download your worksheet here
If you've gotten to the end of another year feeling like you ran out of time but thinking ‘2019 year will be different’. I think this exercise is for you.
"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten" — Tony Robbins
- Block off 60 mins of your time in your calendar
- Plan the time/place you’re going to do this (I recommend somewhere outside your usual working space so you don’t get distracted)
- Turn off your phone and focus