It’s easier than ever to build a business.
Early-stage entrepreneurs don’t have to do everything anymore. It doesn’t have to be you against the world.
Artificial intelligence has consumed low-level tasks. Boy, would I have killed to have ChatGPT back when I started my first e-commerce store?
Free AI tools can help you with all the tedious, time-consuming tasks that are holding you back from scaling your e-commerce business.
Now that I see the power of AI and I look back on how we started the company a decade ago, these are the top 3 ways I would’ve used AI to outsource some tasks and save time and money in the process:
- Marketing creative – Let’s face it. Who has the time to come up with killer ad copy and graphics all by themselves? 🙅♀️
- Administrative tasks – You know, like scheduling, email management, and data entry… Boring stuff.
- Inventory management – Because keeping track of all your stock levels and sales trends is no easy feat. Trust me.
1. Marketing creative
Of course, you want to make sure you’re putting your best foot forward. Especially early on in your business.
But let’s be real. Coming up with ad copy, designing graphics, and creating personalized email campaigns takes a lot of time and effort. And as a founding member, you shouldn’t be doing it.
That’s where artificial intelligence comes in. Tools like ChatGPT can help you with all of that, and you know what the best part is?
It’s free! (For now. This probably won’t age well.)
With an AI platform, you can:
- Generate compelling, on-brand ad copy that will make your customers want to smash that BUY NOW button.
- Design eye-catching graphics that will make your product stand out from the crowd.
- Create personalized email campaigns that will make your customers feel special and keep them coming back for more. And no, an AI copy doesn’t have to read like a robot if you instruct it otherwise.
2. Administrative tasks (Like a VA)
A bad virtual assistant can take years off your life and cause a massive headache for your business.
A good virtual assistant, on the other hand, will save you massive amounts of time and money that you’ll be thankful for later. All you need to do is instruct it exactly how you want it to act.
And this “employee” won’t take a break, ask for a raise, or need health insurance. 🤣
With AI you can:
- Automate your schedule, notetaking and meeting tasks, so you can focus on more important things.
- Manage your emails like a pro – without having to spend hours sorting through them.
- Do data entry in a fraction of the time it would take you to do it manually.
3. Inventory management
Inventory management is one of those things that can make or break your business.
Take it from me – Without a robust inventory management system, an employee tried to embezzle more than $230,000 of product and cash from us.
With AI’s help, you can outsource this work to make sure there’s no human error, faulty calculations – or funny business 🙄
- Keep track of your stock levels, so you know exactly what you need to order and when.
- Analyze your sales trends and customer behavior, so you can make informed decisions about your products.
- Optimize your inventory management, so you can save money and time in the logistics process where possible.
You don’t want to run out of stock, but you also don’t want to be stuck in a warehouse full of products that no one wants.
This is something we would’ve killed for had it been available at the time.
Running an e-commerce business is really hard. I’m not going to sugarcoat it.
But it’s now easier than it’s ever been. And I think it’ll get even easier. By outsourcing work to AI bots, you’ll save time and money, while still getting high-quality results.
If you’ve already experimented with AI in your business, what’s the one thing you’re most excited about?